When it comes to the big day, you want everything to be perfect. Finding the right accessories to accommodate your chosen hairstyle can be a big stress for most brides. To help make it a little easier to navigate, let’s take a look at the most common ways to wear your hair and how to choose the right jewelry to go along with the style.
One of the most common ways to wear your hair on your wedding day is a beautiful updo. This keeps your hair up and out of the way and lets you show off your dress or jewelry without any extra competition from your hair being down. When choosing jewelry for this type of hairstyle, here are a few tips.
- Choose chandelier or dangling earrings. With an updo, you want to go bold with earrings. Other styles make it harder to wear a bold earring because it might get tangled in your hair or be obstructed from view, but an updo is perfect for showing off extravagant earrings.
- Go for a bold necklace. Again, since the hair is up and out of the way, you can have a bold necklace to add some extra sparkle without going overboard.
- Play up the neck and jaw area instead of the wrist. Since an updo lets you show off a bolder style with earrings and necklaces, it is important to create balance by either keeping the wrist bare or choosing a delicate accessory for this area.
Half Up Half Down
When looking for an option that lets you have your hair down but still up to a degree, the half up half down look is ideal for lots of brides. The great thing about this look is that you can choose to have an even mix of both up and down or you can have more up than down and vice versa. Here are a few tips for this type of style.
- Choose the right earrings. For this style, keep earrings short and sweet. Stick with either studs or a shorter dangle style rather than long, dramatic chandeliers.
- Check the shape of earrings. If the earrings are dangle earrings, make sure the edges aren’t sharp or pointed to avoid tangles in the hair.
- Choose either a bold earring or necklace but not both. The key to a half up half down look is to find balance with the accessories. A general rule of thumb is to have only one bold piece such as a bold earring or bold necklace in one area rather than both which can come across as too much.
For the bride looking to show off her hair and capture a bohemian vibe, a down style is perfect. While this is becoming a more popular look for weddings, there are a few things to keep in mind in terms of choosing the jewelry.
- Stay away from dangle earrings. With your hair down, earrings should be studs to avoid any issues.
- Keep the neckline simple. A beautiful necklace may be lost in your hair being down so if you choose a necklace, keep it simple rather than more ornate.
- Play up the wrist. Just because you are keeping the rest of your jewelry look simple, doesn’t mean you can’t play up another area. Add a beautiful bracelet to give the bridal look without going overboard.